Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Super happy thing number three: Big hair, big lungs, big time.

Okay. I had to start thinking early today, because I'm not feeling particularly happy. But there's one ridiculous thing that always puts me in a good mood. It's a bit embarrassing and not at all cool, but then, neither is blogging, and here I am. I'm not exactly fooling anybody with my coolness. So.

Super Happy thing Number Three: "Time for Me to Fly" by REO Speedwagon.

I don't know why it is, but singing along to this song makes me ludicrously happy. A friend put it on a mellow mix tape for me ages and ages ago, and ever since it's been one of those shout along and cheer up songs. I don't know if it's the over-the-topness, or the idea of running away, or the declaration that "I've had enough", or the 80sness of it...whatever. It's cheering me up right now just thinking about it. God help you if you ever end up in the car with me when it comes on the radio.

Hmmm. Have I written this exact same post before? I might have. I'm going to have to check this.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

reo and deja vu. sounds like happiness to me!

good to have you writing, tor.

amalier

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

reo and deja vu. sounds like happiness to me!

good to have you writing, tor.

amalier

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even though ostensibly it's a song about leaving, there's just something so durn hopeful! I mean really, that's just how it's got to be.

Sweet.

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home